At Lower Fields we have are proud to have pupil representatives that take part in School Council meetings. These councils are in place so that pupils have a voice and are involved in decisions about the school that affect them. Through School Council all pupils have the opportunity to raise issues, share ideas and take part in discussions that involve all of their classmates in reaching a democratic solution. Pupils at Lower Fields know that this is their school and their thoughts and ideas matter.
- Class representatives are nominated and then voted in by their class mates in a whole school election. They wear a badge so they can be easily identified.
- The Chair leads the meetings with Mrs Davy’s support. The Secretary writes minutes for each meeting and these can be found on our school BLOG.
- Throughout the week children will jot any issues, concerns, worries or ideas etc. that they wish to discuss at the class council meeting or they can use the suggestion boxes throughout school.
- Each member of the School Council is part of a committee and carry out extra responsibilities related to these.
Unfortunately we have not yet been able to form our School Council this year due to Covid restrictions, but are hoping to appoint our new members to each of the committees below in the near future:
School Council Committees:
- Interview and Behaviour
- Health and Safety
- Attendance and Learning Walk
- Health, Lifestyle and School Dinners
Every pupil in school is placed in one of our four school houses, named for one of the trees in our beautiful grounds:
At the start of the year, Year 6 pupils are invited to apply for the position of House Captain for their house. The applicants are then interviewed by the House Leader; usually two House Captains and a Vice House Captain are appointed for each house.
Our House Captains have specific responsibilities to help with the logistics of our house system, including announcing which house has earned the most points each week and each term. They are role models for the younger pupils in their houses and, this year, have started to share messages, lessons and examples of positive learning behaviours.
Our House Captains are required to undergo an application process to their house leader. We will post the names of this year’s successful applicants as soon as they’re announced.