Pupil Premium

What the Pupil Premium (PP) means to us and where did it come from?

All our children who are currently on Free School Meals (FSM) or have at some time been on FSM will be registered on the Department for Educations (DfE) Ever 6 list in order to distribute additional funding to schools in the form of the PP. Government statistics show that children on the ever 6 register frequently have lower educational attainment than those that have never been eligible, so they introduced the PP in an aim to close this gap.

Our community does have a high level of deprivation and this funding drastically improves what we can offer our families; both in education and family support. We pride ourselves in having the ability to provide additional support for children where needed in the form of grants for uniform, visits and additional resources in classes including one to one interventions and also for supporting the physical, social and health needs of pupils and their families where possible.

What do we use it for?

The Pupil Premium really does allow us to do a lot of things we would not otherwise have the funding to do so. 

Some examples are listed below:

  • Grants for visits to enhance our children’s experiences
  • Uniform assistance grants
  • One to one teaching from additional staff 
  • Specialist teaching assistants to support children with learning needs
  • Additional resources for classrooms
  • Specialist staff e.g. Commissioned Speech and Language Therapist and Teaching Assistant
  • Additional training for all our staff to improve the whole school community and its educational aims

How much do we get?

If any child is eligible for FSM, but they don’t apply because they feel they don’t need it or are embarrassed about doing so, we try to tell their family about the overall benefits not just for their child but for the whole school and its community and that there is nothing to be worried about as we do not ‘label’ children FSM because we are an inclusive school.

To see a breakdown of what funding we receive, how we use it and what impact it has had on our children then please visit our Statutory Information page here.